The Americas Regional of the CFA Institute Research Challenge will take place 19-20 March 2018, in Boston, USA. Teams from 53 local level competitions will move on to the regional event to compete for the title of Americas Regional Champion.
Key details about the event:
- CFA Institute covers the cost of airfare, hotel lodging, and meals at the event for the student teams and one guest of the team.
- The event will begin with the kickoff meeting on 19 March in the early evening.
- There will be two rounds of presentations on 20 March: semifinals in the morning and regional finals in the late afternoon.
- Teams will be broken into two Americas sub-regions and compete within those sub-regions to determine two Americas Champions.
- Written report evaluation: a team of CFA charterholders will be grading your reports and these scores (along with your first round presentation score) will determine which teams advance to the regional final. Following the semifinal round, scores will be based on presentation only.
- The two Americas Regional winners will advance to the Global Final to compete against the winning teams from the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.