By registering, I agree to follow the CFA Institute Engagement Code of Conduct.
CFA Institute Engagement Conduct Policy
CFA Institute has created this Engagement Conduct Policy to ensure that attendees of CFA Institute events or business activities, including sponsors, volunteers, speakers, vendors, attendees, and others (“Participants”) are treated with dignity and respect and are able to build a community free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying. We expect all Participants to abide by this Engagement Conduct Policy at all event venues, event-related social events, and other business activities. Your registration for or attendance at any CFA Institute event indicates your agreement to the below. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behavior, CFA Institute may take any action it deems appropriate, including expelling the offender from the event or business activity with no refund, prohibition from future events and business activities, or reporting the behavior to Professional Conduct for further investigation.
- Be considerate and respectful to all Participants and event staff.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Dress and behave in accordance with widely-accepted professional standards.
- Lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or slurs.
- Continued suggestions for dating, romance, or social activity after it has been made clear that the suggestions are unwelcome.
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participants.
- Personal insults or insensitive jokes or pranks that undermine the dignity of the person.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue, or conduct that intentionally disrupts or causes disturbance to the detriment of the event.
- Any illegal behavior.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify CFA Institute event staff, contact the Chief Compliance, Risk, and Ethics Officer (email@example.com) or report the concern using the Ethics Helpline +1 844 283 9319 or the Ethics Helpline web form as soon as possible.