Sub-Regional Competition Details
- There are 137 teams competing in the Sub-Regional.
- Teams were assigned to sub-regions based on geographic area. A list of all teams can be viewed under the Competition Levels tab.
- Sub-Regional scores will be based 100% on presentation.
- Presentation Score: Teams will record a 10-minute presentation and submit it by Sunday, 19 March at 3:00pm ET following the instructions. This may be very early morning or late at night for some teams, so please plan accordingly and submit earlier rather than later. A team of volunteers will evaluate the submitted presentations. There will not be a question and answer session and that 20-point category has been removed from the scoring rubric.
- Based on the presentation scores, the top team(s) from each Sub-Region will advance to the Regional Semifinals. Teams will be announced 31 March 2022 via email.
Teams are required to record their presentations using Zoom Virtual Meeting or a similar software to ensure consistency for our judges. Submitted video files should be in their raw, unedited form – we don’t expect or want this to be a highly produced video. Teams may record their presentations together in one place or separately – whichever makes the most sense for your team. Judges are aware that some teams will have different recording setups and this will not impact team’s scores in any way. You are encouraged to update your presentations from the previous round. We’ve created this How-To Guide if you need assistance with Zoom.
When submitting your presentations, you will need to submit the following:
- Video file of your team presentation: our submission system requires the files to be less than 250MB
- Print-ready presentation file: the version that is physically provided to the judges. Print-ready slides should be non-animated, may include your appendix slides, and must be in PDF format.
Questions? Check out the FAQ document or contact us at [email protected].
Submit Your Presentation